Tuesday, June 24, 2014

2.3 Reflection Blended/Online Learning

1. My instructional methodologies will need to undergo some significant revisions in an online or blended environment. My usual method of classroom discussion will need to change. I will probably move to threaded discussions for interactive class discussions. For situations where I am looking for feedback from individual students, I suspect that I will use a blog or Openclass.com Submission assignment and allow the students to complete the assignment with their program of choice. For quick 'did you do the reading?' checks, I may try using Google Forms and see how that works out. In a blended learning environment, I will also need to work out out the best way to incorporate independent learning online, live independent classroom exercises, and small-group teacher-led instruction. I will also need to work out the best classroom management for that environment; I want to be also be to make sure students have some control over how they are working, but I want them to also understand that they are expected to be working.


I will also need to find an effective way of turning over the acquisition of information to the students, so that they are guided to the information I want them to have, but they find that information themselves.


This whole process should be an exercise in creative thinking on my part.


2. I will definitely need to improve on the way I teach research if I want students to be successful in an online learning environment. It will be especially important to emphasize thinking through problems and searches when students are going to be doing this work independently.

I suspect that I will also hone my troubleshooting abilities in this environment. I am not just talking about in terms of technology, although that will definitely be a part of it, but it's also going to be important for me to recognize the problems a student is having, accurately diagnose the cause (or misunderstanding), and offer appropriate remediation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home